Hello from France

New to the Skoda Kamiq Forums? Introduce yourself here
lilic24000

Post by lilic24000 »

Hello everyone

I am interested in the Skoda Kamiq 1.5 TSI 150 HP to replace my Citroen DS3 120 HP.

I would like some feed back from current owners of this model about their usual fuel consumption.

Skoda brochure states 40 to 56 mpg (4 to 5 liters for 100 km) for extra urban trip which sounds optimistic for a 150 HP gas engine.

I would be happy to know your fuel burn "in the real world "

NeilW

Post by NeilW »

I'm currently driving about 14miles each way for work and averaging 48mpg. That's on a mix of roads and I'm generally driving at up to 60mph. I find the car exaggerates by 3 or 4%. That's for a manual gearbox. I'm easily getting 450 miles from a tank before I feel the need to refuel.
The cylinder deactivation does make quite a difference. I had the 1.4 Ateca before the Kamiq, so I was used to driving in a way that would trigger it.
My dad has the DSG and can get similar figures, possibly higher as the DSG also has a coasting function. At the moment he's mainly doing short runs as he's retired and COVID has limited where he can go, so that's impacted things but having come from a BMW 1.5 that really struggled on fuel economy, he's been impressed.

Screenshot_20210508_090323_cz.skodaauto.connect.jpg

Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.
lilic24000

Post by lilic24000 »

Thanks NeilW for your reply.
So I understand 48,7 mpg equals 5,8 liters/100 km which is OK for me.
I road tested the Kamiq yesterday afternoon for a short trip accelerating the car twice to feel the engine response revving it up and in the end I found average fuel burn was equalling to 37 mpg which I found a bit excessive compared to data published in the commercial brochure.
NeilW

Post by NeilW »

The short trip might be the issue. I find I need to be going five or six miles to get it to 40mpg. I do tend to use third gear quite hard to accelerate before changing up.
Not sure about dealers in France, but some UK dealers will try to warm the car up before a test drive, often by leaving it idling. See if you can get a longer drive and insist it's from cold.
Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.