Oz Car

New to the Skoda Kamiq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jippy

Oz Car

Post by Jippy » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:00 am

Paid the deposit and now waiting for my Kamiq to arrive here in Oz (Australia) - mid March they expect. Apparently there was smoke on the ship which had to be diverted to America. Just hope it was not my car that went up in smoke!
For info, the car is the base model here which is fairly well equipped including the digital cockpit screen. Three cylinder 85kw motor (115hp) DSG. Looking forward to getting it!

Lofty

Re: Oz Car

Post by Lofty » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:02 am

Welcome aboard Jippy. I have the 115 engine with the DSG & absolutely love it particularly the fact that it engages neutral when coasting, certainly helps the mpg. Will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts & opinions once you get behind the wheel.

Jippy

Post by Jippy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:37 am

Thanks Lofty. I looked at all the reviews and forums such as this one before signing up. Including your comments Lofty giving the pluses and minuses of the car. Much appreciated.
The car drove nicely when I test drove it and and on the second test drive when my wife drove it. Late last year the Kamiq received the Australian (News Corp) car of the year award.
I'll let you how things are once we get it.

Ragtag

Post by Ragtag » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:17 am

Welcome.
Glad you are getting ( eventually) a Kamiq.
Hope you don't wait long. We love our 6 speed manual.

Don't forget the photos when it turns up!
Rags.