Possible new owner, Usual questions.

New to the Skoda Kamiq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Hi all.
Thank's for having me.
We have decided to get a new car as the 12 year old Qashquai is now going to cost more to run than it's worth.

Just looked at a Skoda Kamiq 1.0Tsi SEL (115ps) 6 speed box. 69 plate. Loved the ride, drive and comfort, and was amazed at how good the engine was for a 3 pot!
It has all the whistles and bells, and the dashboard was like a Startrek set, but all in all, we think it's the one we are going for.

Couple of new owner questions.
Is there anything to look for that could be a negative, as in regular common faults in the brand? Dodgy batteries ( Like the Nissan Stop Start problem), Leaky seals, Special oils.. etc?
Iv'e not looked, but are the tyres a common size? ( I'm aware some people have had problems, lack of choice with Very expensive replacements for the new Nissan and SSangyong (Sp))
The Infotainment system seems to be a bit complicated, does it work well with Android Car and is the Sat Nav reasonable? ( Used to turn the old work Peugeot one off and use a different windscreen one!)
Fuel consumption... Whats it really like? ( I'm no slouch, but a 'sensible' drive with mixed town/Motorway driving.

Thanks in advance.
Steve .. ( Ragtag)

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Welcome Ragtag
I tookelivery of my SEL 115ps March 1st. COVID has restricted mileage but I’m over the moon with engine & that’s coming from Aclass 1.5L (122ps) It’s a much more lively & flexible engine & pulls better than my aclass. 45mpg mixed driving & well into 50’s dual carriageway & motorway (although I do have the auto box.)
I have the virtual cockpit dash but in hindsight the standard dash would have been adequate. I find a lot on virtual cockpit unnecessary ie. there is at least 3 different ways to switch off lane assist...3 !!! why 3?.
SEL have 18” wheels (lower spec models on 17”) & I’m not aware of problems obtaining tyres but no experience.
Engine.....Bear in mind this engine is the VW engine fitted across their range VW/Audi/seat/Skoda etc so I think it unlikely there are an foibles. Certainly stop/start battery no problem so far & that’s with low mileage & short journeys (retired owner).
Satnav is good & lots of choice on how to view it. Can’t comment on Android
Go for it,,,,,,,,you won’t be disappointed
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Thanks. That sounds like the deals done then.
Subject to a ' little' flexibility on their part deal wise.

Rags.
Gortex

Post by Gortex »

Similar spec to my car. I have the 115bhp 6 speed manual with 18” alloys. Still rides well on 18” alloys engine is refined for a 3 cylinder and fuel is above what I expected. Motorway driving should see around 50mpg town driving is more like 40 to 45mpg. I had a 2.0 diesel before this and the Kamiq is going a good job at matching it on fuel economy. Enjoy ...you will not be disappointed.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Thank you.
Deal done!
We managed to beat the dealer down a bit more, and finally, after picking my coat up and saying " Come on dear, let's go to the other pace, they will want a bl@@£y sale!" We got another £15 per month (PCP deal) off the deal. 😁

Got to sort the private plate swap, and it's all go.
Should be picking it up after Christmas.

Very chuffed!

When I can work out posting a picture, I'll stick one on.

Rags.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I think I'm going to post a picture......
Yes!

2020-12-19-20-57-13.jpg

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Job well done Ragtag, pleased to have a new member. Great photo. The forum is not very well supported (maybe down to few sales at present or the age profile of owners). I’ve come from the merc Aclass forum & there were several contributions per day, plus the early A class had a few problems, rattles etc which of coarse we hope the Kamiq won’t.
Let us know your thoughts on the when you’ve had it for a week or 2.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Oh I certainly will.
Same on the Qashqai forum, lots more posts per day ( but it is a very high selling motor, and most were asking about help dealing with faults!)
No doubt it will pick up the more units get sold.

Just another question.
Is the Skoda help / owner app (I'm on Android) worth downloading and using?

Rags.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Can’t help on that one, sorry
Gortex

Post by Gortex »

Works well on IPhone. I don’t have android sorry

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post