Stop/start query

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Is there a setting that appears on the dash indicating if the engine is in start/stop mode. When conditions have been met ie engine temp & battery charge level etc the engine will start/stop. When that happens I have the symbol A with an arrow circled around it appear on the screen ONLY when the engine stops. I want a symbol that tells me IN ADVANCE if the engine will or will not stop. On my previous car there was an ECO button that was amber at start up but went green when the engine would stop. It would revert back to amber when the system would not operate for example if I had the a/c on etc. I’d like to know in advance so if for example I’m approaching a roundabout I can see a gap that means I only need to stop for a couple of seconds I can de-activate the system.
Any thoughts/advise welcome

Rivendell63

Post by Rivendell63 »

My experience so far is that it simply appears to have a mind of its own .... providing the engine has warmed up, it will cut out when you come to a stop. Releasing the pressure on the brake pedal does restart the engine, but I'm working to find a consistent approach
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Agree, I just wish there was a dash symbol indicating the start/stop status. On my previous car (that had an auxiliary battery) the system was dependent on firstly (&most importantly) the engine temperature then hospitality loadings (lights/heater fan/wipers/heated screen & mirrors etc) would all effect the auxiliary battery level but I’m not sure if the Kamiq has one.
On my previous car, the models suffered huge problems & the forum owners constantly reported warning messages that eventually led to the auxiliary battery.
Can’t be to difficult to modify the software to give us this.
RichardW

Post by RichardW »

I've not had my stop/start operate properly yet, the symbol appears on the screen when I stop but it has a line through it. Most of my driving is short distances to and from work so maybe the engine isn't warm enough? I'm wondering if it's faulty but I've seen so many people dislike stop/start that I'm wondering if it's better that it isn't working and if I get it checked by the dealer I might regret it.
NeilW

Post by NeilW »

RichardW wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:39 am I've not had my stop/start operate properly yet, the symbol appears on the screen when I stop but it has a line through it. Most of my driving is short distances to and from work so maybe the engine isn't warm enough? I'm wondering if it's faulty but I've seen so many people dislike stop/start that I'm wondering if it's better that it isn't working and if I get it checked by the dealer I might regret it.
It's more likely the battery hasn't fully recharged from starting the engine.
Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post