Skoda Kamiq 1.0 SE 69 plate prompting to reset oil and service interval at switch on.

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
jammydodger9999

Post by jammydodger9999 »

Hello,

The car was recently serviced at an independent garage. The car was telling me the service was due. I specifically asked them to reset the service interval, which they assured me was done. When I collected the car all seemed in order but now I notice that each time I start the car it says :- reset oil interval ? And then it says :- reset service interval ? Then the messages disappear. The time/mileage to next service isn't counting down.

The question is repeated each time I start the car now. Is there any way I can clear this please ? I tried pressing the set button under the dials in response to each question but no luck. It seems like it is just asking me for a response by the buttons but I can work it out

Thanks In Advance
Mick

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Browse through the forum, this problem was recently posted by another member & a solution was posted
Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

The right hand thumbwheel on the steering wheel. Scroll down to Range in the display, Press it once, Then hold the thumbwheel down for 10 seconds, That will bring up the service menu.
jammydodger9999

Post by jammydodger9999 »

Hi Graeme67,
Thanks for the post. It is my son's car so I have limited access. Managed to get hold of the car yesterday, but that didn't seem to work.
I saw a Youtube video for a much newer Kamiq (22 I think) and someone doing that , but pressing and holding the thumbwheel with the range
displayed on the screen did NOT bring up the service menu on this 2019 Kamiq.
Bizarrely the message is no longer displaying.
Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

jammydodger9999 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:57 am Hi Graeme67,
Thanks for the post. It is my son's car so I have limited access. Managed to get hold of the car yesterday, but that didn't seem to work.
I saw a Youtube video for a much newer Kamiq (22 I think) and someone doing that , but pressing and holding the thumbwheel with the range
displayed on the screen did NOT bring up the service menu on this 2019 Kamiq.
Bizarrely the message is no longer displaying.
Your car does have the digital ''virtual'' dash display? Mines a 2020 and it works ... Make sure range is displayed and press the button once and be sure to hold it down again for 10 seconds then release.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post