Automatic delay

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
neighbour67

Post by neighbour67 »

Hi all. First Post from me.
I had until recently owned a Kamiq 1.5 SEL automatic. To be honest the car was excellent and we had no problems in the year we owned it. I did have one bugbear that literally did my head in every time I drove it. Every time we pulled away in 1st gear there was a momentary pause before the car made up its mind to go. Obviously on a busy roundabout when you're grabbing a gap you need to be confident in the car going when you want it to. I've since sold the car back to the dealership in a very good deal and currently have gone back to a Mini hatch (manual).

The reason I ask is I think I would like another Kamiq but am wondering if that pause I mention is something that goes with every Skoda/VW auto box.

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere on the forum, I did have a search before posting.

Feedback gratefully received.

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

I have the 1.0l SEL with DSG gearbox. I certainly do not have the problem you experienced. I chose the VW dsg having fallen in love with the DCT on my merc. The DSG is a standard twin plate clutch across the VW group ie Audi/vw’/seat/Skoda etc so I strongly suggest it was not the gearbox but the software that operates the box in conjunction with the engine. In this case I’m surprised that the dealer could not sort it for you. Yes, they would have probably needed assistance from HQ but it could have & should have been sorted
I had a problem with the ACC (active cruise control) on my merc that the dealer struggled to sort. They eventually linked my car’s computer (ecu engine & ecu gearbox) to MB in Germany.👍. My merc did have a few upgrades on the gearbox ecu during my ownership.
VW is a massive company & they would have the resources to sort your problem. I suggest your dealer didn’t work/push hard enough.