Car cut out

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
Tomcat

Post by Tomcat »

I was driving to work last Friday and the car just lost all power, and stalled. The car did not want to start again. When I swung the key it was just shuddering. An error message said “ Error: start/stop and the letters EPC also appeared on the dashboard.
There is only 2400 miles on the clock. We bought the car brand new last year, it’s not even a year old. The AA mechanic’s computer showed no error codes.

The car was then towed in to a Skoda workshop, and I heard today that it may be the fuel pump and fuel injector, they aren’t 100 percent certain at this stage. They’re waiting for the parts to arrive, which could take another 3-4 days I was told.
I am extremely disappointed as I did not expect this to happen with an eight month old car.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? I am new to the forum and will appreciate any comments or feedback please. Thank you.

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

No & my car is 2 yrs old. Suggest you tell the dealer that they supply you with a lone car (Skoda uk will pay) until yours is ready particularly as they’re not 100% sure it’s the problem.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Not heard of this on any other forums either.
As said. Well worth telling them you want a replacement whilst yours is off the road. Skoda will cover it as an unknown fault.
Good luck with it, and welcome.
Let us know how you get on.

Rags.
Tomcat

Post by Tomcat »

Thank you for the replies and suggestions. I called Skoda today and was transferred to the dealer where the car is being fixed, after I mentioned the courtesy car to the person in the central call centre.

I then explained why I was calling to the receptionist at the dealership who said she’ll arrange a call back.

Still waiting for the call back.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Tomcat……keep pushing, they’ll rely on you being quiet
Tomcat

Post by Tomcat »

Hi, I received a call from Skoda yesterday afternoon stating that the car was fixed and it was the fuel pump apparently, which they replaced.
So on my way this morning to collect car and hopefully that is the last episode of the breakdowns.

Thanks again for the replies and suggestions, it’s much appreciated.
Ozcar

Post by Ozcar »

My 2021 Monte Carlo had the same problem. It happened as I was entering an underground carpark. I and was getting the ticket. I thought that there was interference from the ticket console as it started when pushed away from the machine. Then again when I was at the exit. The car completely froze. I couldn’t depress the brake.The dealership couldn’t find any cause. Two weeks later it happened in my driveway while waiting for the garage roller door open. Perhaps it has something to do with the stop start function.
Dr Kam

Post by Dr Kam »

My car has done something similar a number of times. Engine stops (even while moving). All of the ‘error’ alerts come on in turn.

The first step was a ‘software’ upgrade’. Sadly the problem has recurred. I’m thinking my car will need the CPU replaced.

I attach images of the last two times this has happened.

C1697766-1B6F-480E-A322-83054E0AA8E9.jpeg

827BA5C8-70A0-45F4-9467-030DAEE82ACF.jpeg

marineboy

Post by marineboy »

Your rev counter shows that the engine has not stopped, it is idling. And the warning lights show that the cruise and lane assist are unavailable. So what other lights have come on?
Nick M
2022 Kamiq SEL Executive 1.5 DSG
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Ours died yesterday. Just randomly stalled when paused in suburban traffic (shudder to imagine if on motorway etc, though perhaps it was the stopping that triggered it). Anti stall kicked in, but just starter motor (healthy enough) and about 500rpm. Same then trying to restart, occasionally a bit of a splutter, like it was out of fuel but it's got half a tank. Currently in the workshop awaiting proper diagnosis, but Skoda Assist say it's some issue with the fuel supply. Got a practically new Kia loaner for a few days....

Update: Just collected my Kamiq, 2.5 days in the workshop having a new tank-end fuel pump fitted, all under warranty. Very unusual failure, apparently, though given the number of such things over the years (not so much with the Kamiq though) I must be a desperately unlucky man. I'd try the lottery, but would probably lose my ticket. As for the Kia: nice finish, comfortable enough drive (though engine a bit less refined to me), enough differences in the infotainment to be annoying, penchant for unnecessary tunes. Would consider in the future, but happy to have the Kamiq back for now.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021