Switch on dipped headlights

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
paulio

Post by paulio »

Keep getting a message to turn on dipped headlights, even when it is bright sunlight. Dealer says "why not have headlights on auto?" - not really the answer is it? Anyone else had this problem>

Thanks

Kamiq 2020 SEL Auto

old man

Post by old man »

Yes, I've had it as well. I don't see it as a problem, but it is irritating. I've done what your dealer suggested and I leave the switch in auto now.
I think we just have to get used to the fact that we're not in complete control of our cars anymore, too much is automated - now that irritates me !!
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

I don’t like my light settings on Auto, I want to decide when headlights are on & for goodness sake, we had good ‘daylight running lights’ plus I always look to conserve battery life whilst we ‘enjoy’ the cold weather (I can go several days without using the car so want the battery in top condition)
Yes, the warning message will come on when in poor lighting but I simply press the rotating wheel on right side of steering wheel that cancels the dash info.
old man

Post by old man »

I simply press the rotating wheel on right side of steering wheel that cancels the dash info
Good to talk innit, I wasn't aware that could be done.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post