Rattle from dash area

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
paulio

Post by paulio »

I had a rattle from the front dash area that was driving me mad. Dealer said that it was "normal"! After managing to record the noise one day, I took it back to the dealer and they managed to sort it out. It was the join between the dash top panel and the A Frame. Apparently Skoda have some 'special packing' for this (some foam no doubt). Since this was done I have had no further problems with this noise. I have the recordings if anyone would like to compare them - cannot find a way to upload to the site!!

Skoda Kamiq 2020 model SEL DSG

old man

Post by old man »

It would be handy if you could find a way to upload the recording, if not for me, then for others.
Was the rattle apparent in the car from new, or did it develop over time ?
It's always a good idea to state in your profile where you're based and if it's in the UK, who is your dealer.
paulio

Post by paulio »

Rattle was not from new - had the car in June 2020 and the rattle started in October 2020.
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Interesting. Is this fix visible? i.e. is it something anyone could do without dismantling?
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
paulio

Post by paulio »

Don't think it can be done without dismantling - took the dealer quite a long time to do.
Regards
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

OK, thanks - but could still be useful info to take back to my dealer if it's now a recognised issue. Of course, might be a completely different rattle anyway, there just seems to be so many potential points of failure with all these different materials they stick together and hope for the best with.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
Vanwall010

Post by Vanwall010 »

Hi all,
I had that rattle from the dash from new. It seems to effect SE and SEL with the different insert into the dash. I thought it was heat related as when warm, it would rattle, but cold it would stop. I would have to press in the trim near the steering wheel to stop it.
Dealer changed all bits of trim and it did take over a day to sort. However, since then, no rattle!
mollysman

Post by mollysman »

I have a rattle from around the head unit 2023 SEL if I press the top of the dash in-between the head unit and virtual dash it stops
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Seems your answer is in Paulio’s thread 02/01/2022. Certainly a good starting point. Let the forum know how you get on.