SOS Emergency Call Restricted error

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
RichardW

Post by RichardW »

This morning as soon as I turned the ignition on I got this error message "SOS Emergency Call Restricted. Workshop!". I wondered if it was location related so after driving to work and switching the ignition off, I turned it back on and the fault was still there. Anyone had this and does it really need a workshop visit?

DTEG

Post by DTEG »

I had this once. I think it cleared of its own accord. I suspect it's yet another thing affected by cold and/or low battery, as I have diagnosed a few other glitches as likely being related.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
RichardW

Post by RichardW »

Update - the fault is still there but there is now also no sound from the radio, the volume control doesn't do anything. Looking at some other forums it seems to be a common problem across all the VW group. The radio worked yesterday despite the fault. I tried pressing the emergency call button but cancelled it straight away and there is now a red light at the side of the button which wasn't on yesterday.
KamiqXlimi

Post by KamiqXlimi »

Hi, my Skoda Kamiq (03/2020) has this problem too since yesterday.

I just have that annoying message in cockpit. The infotaintment works ok (I've read some people have problems with that... not my case).

I called emergency manually (with the red button) today at the morning and it works perfectly. Don't know what happens, but it is really annoying.

At least, everything but that wokrs perfectly for now...
RichardW

Post by RichardW »

My audio volume is working again now since the red light by the SOS button is no longer lit. I still have the fault warning but a workshop visit can wait until the new year.
Vanwall010

Post by Vanwall010 »

Hi all,
I had that issue on 31st January. It came on when I started the car for the school run. When I arrived at the school I switched the car off. A few minutes later, back in the car for home and all clear. Has been since.
RichardW

Post by RichardW »

Hi,
I took my car to the dealer for this to be investigated because I have this warning permanently. The workshop decided it's caused by a back up battery which they've had to order from Germany. They said it could take a while to get it so I'm just waiting now for them to get in touch with me when they have it.
Cheers,
Richard.
georgents@yahoo.gr

Post by georgents@yahoo.gr »

Hey Richard, did you by chance get the backup battery changed yet ? I am asking cos I have a 2020 Kamiq too and I had the same exact problem with the SOS button. Initially, it would turn the SOS light red and also render the infotainment system almost unusable, then fix it self for a few days, then break again and so on and so forth, until about 3 months ago which completely died. The red light went off too and, the infotainment was working ok though. The dealer told me that the backup battery died, most likely a defective part. They ordered a new one in from Czech, took them 2 months to do so, they put it down to COVID restrictions blah blah….anyway, they call me up to bring the car in and replace it - that’s a month ago - and guess what ?! Last night I got the same warning again! SOS light red again, the amber triangle warning on the dash came up, and the infotainment was completely dead again. A few hours later I start the ignition again and it had fixed itself but I am not confident replacing the back up battery was the root cause in the place, so back to white board! Just furious and tired !
RichardW

Post by RichardW »

Hi George, No, not yet, I'm still waiting to hear from the dealer. It's almost re-assuring that you got the same diagnosis as me, but dissapointing that it's not cured it for you. I'll post again if/when I get the battery replaced.
RichardW

Post by RichardW »

Update.
The new battery eventually arrived and the dealer fitted it yesterday. So far so good, the SOS fault has gone so fingers crossed it doesn't return.
Regards,
Richard.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post