SOS Emergency Call Restricted error

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
RichardW

Post by RichardW »

Upate.
I'm pleased to report that the SOS fault has not returned, so the backup battery appears to have been the culprit.
Richard.

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Thanks for feedback, always useful to know.
markiv80

Post by markiv80 »

Hi All, it seems that I've come to the right place!!
brought my 70 plate kamiq in June. just 2 days ago i am getting the dreaded SOS warning light. the infotainment screen is dead. called west London citygate service this morning, only to be told that the next service date is 15th Sept!! argghh!!!!... it seems that Skoda or VW group don't consider the issue an emergency call back? its ended up in the guardian too.
an interesting side note.. my stop/start function worked intermittently (as and when it fancied and usually in the heat) before this SOS issue appeared. Now, since the SOS error, its working fine (face palm emoji) and at every standstill.
trying not to be pessimistic, but i have the feeling the service team will be lost!
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Always worth a long hold on the power/volume button on the infotainment screen if it stops responding or plays up in any other way. Forces a soft reset, needed it a few times.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
Foureyze

Post by Foureyze »

My wife has a 2021 Kamiq SEL and we have encountered all the same SOS issues that are common across various models and platforms in the VAG group. Thankfully to date, if left alone for a while, the system returns to normal.

We noticed though that it only happens if I'm in the car with her! Suspecting my own phone, I turned it off for a few weeks when in the car and there were no issues. Tonight though, I accidentally left it on and the problem returned!

I'm baffled by this except that when it does fail the screen reports issues with loading the users profile. I have Skoda Connect on my phone for my own Skoda Superb and did at one point include the Kamiq as well. The app has now been deleted and I look forward to seeing if that has any effect on this most annoying and clearly widespread problem....
adsnape

Post by adsnape »

This is really annoying me. 2019 Kamiq, just out of warranty. Every time I take the car in for a service, it comes back with a new error that requires two more trips to get it sorted. First time they wiped the infotainment system somehow, this time it was the SOS error. I went straight back and was informed it wasn't urgent, and as soon as the VAG servers came back on line it would clear. One month later it hadn't so I went back again and I was now told it couldn't be anything to do with the service and it would need a £100 diagnostic check to determine the fault (I think we all know that amateurish software applications are the issue). It wasn't the cost, its the complete ineptitude that annoys me. I have no intention of setting foot back inside that Skoda dealership, I will find a third party expert instead.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post