Emergency contact activated. . . Activated!

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Whilst driving yesterday in grotty weather, at a steady 50 mph with cruise control set, I suddenly had **Emergency contact call activated** on the main dashboard centre in red. then, after about 5 seconds, it went off. Everything continued as it had been......

We had not touched anything, everything else worked as it should, and no buttons had been touched above the rear view mirror.
Temp was about -2 and the infotainment was wire connected to my phone with Waze sat nav on the screen. Been driving for about 2 hours.

It's not happened before or since. Anyone else? ( 2019 1.0 SEL, Amundsen headset.)

Rags

CMcKell

Post by CMcKell »

This is a bit similar to the SOS Error I get on my (less than 7000 ml) 2020 Kamiq where the Emergency triangle comes up, telling you to drive to workshop. I have to then press the emergency call button and when the voice/text comes on to say emergency call will be activated , press cancel. Supposedly fixed by the Bridgwater dealer with software update but it now comes up on about every second journey. I’ve seen this on the Karoq forum but couldn’t see it here.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it.
Not had it happen since.. .. Thank goodness!

Rags
old man

Post by old man »

Supposedly fixed by the Bridgwater dealer
If that's the Bridgwater in Somerset dealer you refer to, the service dept seems to have one downhill over the last couple of years and I have little faith in them now.