Height adjustable driver's seat

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Noticed something a little odd with my height adjustable driver's seat. There is some contraption at floor level with three metal "pegs" and a spring clip. Function unclear, but the rearmost of the pegs is sticking out (and has a little movement) whereas the others are flush with whatever they are pegged into. Any idea what this contraption is and whether it is correct that one peg stands proud over the others? There is nothing obvious on the passenger seat, which is not height adjustable on the stock SE, though it might be hidden. I don't think it's heavy enough duty to be a safety thing, but unless I can be reassured, it'll be something else to add to my questions to ask my dealer at some point...
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

I’ve checked under my seats. Both front seats are height adjustable (SEL model) & just have a sleeve covered cable (seat to floor), obviously for seat belt warning, no sign of any ‘pins’ so not much help I’m afraid
old man

Post by old man »

Those pegs have nothing to do with a height adjustable seat, they are there for the fore and aft seat adjustment. Whilst you're looking at the pegs, reach over and pull the arm for seat fore and aft movement and watch what happens with those pegs.
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Thanks Old Man, spot on. Can't quite see the exact logic but definitely related to the fore/aft adjustment. Can just about see the mirrored mechanism under the passenger seat (which is otherwise flush to the floor) if peering in from the rear foot-well.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021