Amundsen Kamiq 2021 SAT NAV

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
TrebleGeoff

Post by TrebleGeoff »

Hello all
Picked up my Kamiq 2021 SE L 110PS Petrol Blue on Thursday.
Wonderfull so far and we both love it.
Just having problems with the SAT NAV. I can input a destination and start the route guidance no problems but trying to save it to contacts seems to be nigh on impossible.
I have managed to get some into Favourites but can't find out how to get them stored into contacts.
Don't think the instructions are very clear.
Tried looking for info on Google etc. but can't find anything any more helpful.
Could do with a video tutorial on the use of the latest Amundsen.
Can anybody help please?
Geoff

Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Welcome.
Sorry, but I can't help on that one. I used the Amundsen system for a couple of days. Managed to set my home location, but didn't try any further.
From then on I have used my Android phone via Android Auto and a cable. Better info, more flexibility, and I can actually work it.
Rags.
TrebleGeoff

Post by TrebleGeoff »

Thank you.
Might have to do the same but don't like being beaten.
Geoff
NeilW

Post by NeilW »

Can't be sure as it's not something I've tried, but I suspect it's probably pulled through from the contact information on the phone.
Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I also found that the first cable I used was cr@p, Got a better ( read more expensive) one and connection worked great.
Rags.
eddleetham

Post by eddleetham »

My satnav seems to remember the places I have gone to and every time I switch to satnav it puts up a screen showing them all so that I can select the one I want. That would be fine if I wanted to go to the same places, but most of the time I don't, I just want to see the map screen. So every time I go to satnav I have to press on the small triangle to get rid of the remembered locations screen. Which is extremely annoying. Has anyone managed to change the default screen?
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Hi.
In a word...
No.
I actually tried earlier ( My wife was driving, so I had a play with the sat nag settings.) Can't find a way of stopping the 'where you have been' screen, but did find that since I last used it, the voice is better, and it pronounces roads a lot better! Looks like an update took place and I didn't notice.
I usually use a cable and Waze for any maps.

Rags

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post