Headlight indicator (SE, possibly others)

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

User manual not entirely helpful on this, but is it correct that the headlight indicator on the rotary selector switch never lights up green - whether auto or manually selected? I'm sure when we had a test drive of a similar model, it did, but it was all rather hurried and I might have misunderstood, in my surprise at there not being anything on the dash itself for dipped beam.

is the most that ever seems to illuminate. If using full beam, we get the blue light on the dash, but nothing at all for low beam, though the manual can be interpreted as suggesting the parking/side-lights indicator might be the crucial one.

Is this consistent with others, or something else to add to our list of quirks to raise with the dealer when practical?
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021

DTEG

Post by DTEG »

This thread https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/4 ... ts-symbol/ seems to suggest it's normal for current VAG models, for penny-pinching economy.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I have an SEL. The green light on the dial illuminates if I put the lights on. And if set to auto, the green light illuminates if dipped beam comes on automatically as well behind that position on the dial.
The only light I have on the dash connected to the lights is a blue light when high beam is illuminated.
Thought it was strange when I first got the car, as on all my other motors, going back a long time, there has been some form of 'lights on' symbol on the dash.
Rags.
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Interesting, though with the more sophisticated lighting on the SEL in the first place, the switchgear might be slightly different to accommodate it.