iPod oddity

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
NeilW

Post by NeilW »

900 miles in and for the most part I'm happy with the car. I've not managed to activate primary user yet, but that's not overly urgent. On my first full tank of fuel I calculated 45mpg and it seems to be improving. Admittedly having come from a 1.4 Ateca, I know how to get the best economy from the engine.

Where I'm having regular issues is with using my iPod Touch. It's connected using an Anker cable, but often when I plug it back into the car before starting the engine, then start the engine and then switch on the infotainment system, it goes to a different track from where it was at the end of the previous journey. It's not even from the same album. I've even checked the selected track before leaving the house to see if it's the iPod, but it's showing what I expect.
I mainly use the iPod to play choir practise tracks, but it's done this on both created albums and published albums. In the Ateca I could happily drive away and wait for the system to wake up, but I'm finding I need to wait for it to start playing so I don't have to reselect things on the move.

iPod is up to date, last updated yesterday and it repeated the error a few hours after that.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I might try plugging it on after starting the engine next week to see if that makes a difference.
Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.

NeilW

Post by NeilW »

Having gotten frustrated with it I contacted the dealer who said the iPod Touch isn't compatible with the infotainment system in the SEL and I should buy a memory stick to use instead.
I didn't like that answer so contacted Skoda UK through their Facebook page and was directed to the car handbook which says Apple devices running iOS with the iAP2 protocol are compatible. The 6th generation iPod Touch I'm using meets that requirement (the 7th generation is still on sale in some places). The dealer seemed to be reading off a list which I've found online, but it's purely phones:
https://compatibilitylist.skoda-auto.com/

The car is going in for something else in a couple of weeks, so I'll push, but might have to buy a memory stick.
Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.