Strange hiccup today.

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Strange thing happened earlier.
Last used the car (1L SEL manual.) Thursday ( about 45 hours ago). When I got out, everything was set as I usually have it.
Got in it a couple of hours ago. Clock was wrong, something like 10 hours 20 minutes fast.
The active dashboard insisted on showing the map rather than my usual vehicle status data in the centre, and the radio was working, but on a channel I don't normally have on ( but it is in my favourite list)???
Car battery was showing 14.3v on the Skoda Lite app, and everything was working well.
I thought it may re set after a few minutes, but it didn't. Just re set it again when I got home to how I want it.
I had not knocked the user settings to a different one!.
It's never happened before.
Anyone else had this happen?
Rags.

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Certainly not me Rags
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Not directly since have the SE with analogue dash and Bolero hardware, but suspect quite a lot behind the scenes may be similar. Have certainly had a few quirks of this ilk. Things like clock display turning on when not requested, and some of the locking options having a bit of mind of their own. I do wonder if some of the randomness is down to battery levels, which are inevitably being hit rather hard with typically short journeys at the moment. Although you're reading 14v+ that'll be with the alternator running. I wouldn't be surprised if resting voltage is sub 12.5v which is on the low side of healthy and I have a suspicion the Skoda electronics may be above-averagely sensitive to it. Certainly almost definitely nailed our cruise control issues, with low resting voltage causing it to fail on start-up diagnostics - so fixed by only turning it on (i.e. the flicky switch, not the pushbutton) once the engine is started and alternator running to boost up that voltage.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

It happened again!
Yesterday I get in the car after a frosty night, ( but only recorded as 0 degrees) and the clock has reset, active dash has gone to different view, and the miles trip recorder had reset to 0. Radio was on a different station that is in my list, but I rarely use.
It had been used the day before for a good run of about 30 miles in daylight, so the battery should be ok.

I reset everything ( again), and all seems well. The Skoda Lite app shows good charge when turned off, and when engine is running.

I'm due another run today, so I'll check it again, and will be contacting the dealers to discuss having it sorted out.
Rags.