Kamiq Brake Caliper Manufacturer’s

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
wrwaustralia

Post by wrwaustralia »

Hi Guys and Girls,

My partner has ordered the Australian Kamiq 1.5L Petrol Limited Edition for delivery May 2021.
We don’t get a diesel in Australia, only 1.0L Petrol and 1.5L Petrol.

We have always fitted EBC Rotors and Pads to our cars and motorcycles.
I however note that the Kamiq comes with different calipers from different manufacturers.

Front: VW Caliper. .... EBC Greenstuff DP21329
Front: Mando Caliper .... EBC Greenstuff DP22374

Rear: Girling/TRW Caliper .... EBC Greenstuff DP2680

Has anyone looked to see what calipers brands are fitted to their a Kamiq ?
Does the diesel have different front calipers to the petrol ?

Any close up photo’s or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers .. Warren (Melbourne)

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Hi wrwaustralia... welcome to the forum.
I’m a little surprised at the brake specification you’re searching for. Here in the UK it’s normally the ‘super car’ brigade that are concerned with brake specification. I can understand owners of say Porsche Carreras or Audi RS8 or cars having 400-500 bhp being specific on the type of brake systems fitted. Brembo has been the top choice for performance car owners for many years (& I believe still is) but certainly the Kamiq, even the 1.5 150bhp is unlikely to have upgraded brakes available as an option.
I’m certainly one who would rely on VW group to provide an adequate braking specification particularly as I own the auto gearbox so I’m hardly a boy racer (even if I wanted to be 😃😃)
Let us know if you get satisfactory answers to your questions. It will be interesting.🤞
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Hi.
That's interesting...
I'll have a look at mine ( 1Lt ) and see if I can find the spec.
Rags.
NeilW

Post by NeilW »

Had a quick look after picking mine up today and couldn't see any obvious markings for a manufacturer.
Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Same here. Had a look, can't find any obvious serial numbers or names on the unit.

Rags.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post