Carly adapter & app

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
richardrx4

Post by richardrx4 »

So some of you may have heard of the Carly adapters & app, which is an OBDII plug-in adapter and associated Android (or iOS) app, that should allow you to interrogate and even modify (code) some behaviours of your car via the app. I've used such a pairing in my wifes BMW mini before with some success, particularly to set the stop/start default to OFF, and also to bleep the horn when locking the car - useful. Well, I've just today got round to trying the same on my Kamiq using the Carly Universal adapter, and the £28 Android Skoda app with so far mixed success (failure?). I wanted to a) default the stop/start to OFF, and b) default the "lane assist" to OFF, both very annoying to me. However despite indications to the contrary, I've found the app does not mention these in its very long list of codings that it can do, so currently I've rather wasted time & money with Carly.
Why mention all this? Well partly to make others aware that whilst coding of features of the Kamiq is possible, the 2 I've just mentioned don't appear to be. And perhaps secondly, has anyone found another way to default to OFF the stop/start button, and lane assist feature? Anyone else find these annoying?
Also if I have any success in coding any other useful (or annoying) features I'll try to post details here...

Gortex

Post by Gortex »

I don’t mind start/stop , but I find lane assist not only a pain but dam right dangerous,
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

What annoys me is that you don’t know when the start/stop becomes active. My previous car had a green light on the button come on so you knew when the engine would stop. I need to reverse into my drive so always have to deactivate the system as I stop to engage reverse when I know there will be times that it’s not necessary. I would not want it deactivated permanently as having the auto box, I like the idea when in long waiting in traffic (roadworks typical example) I’d rather the engine stops rather than selecting neutral each time. I acknowledge it’s each to there own.
I agree with lane assist but found the easiest way is just 2 presses with my right thumb as I don’t even press to switch off the system (it switches off automatically after app 15 secs.)
NeilW

Post by NeilW »

Not sure if it's helpful, but on the Ateca owners had to change the minimum battery voltage to just over 12 to make the stop-start not cut in. They were using a different device though and I can't remember the name.
Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.