Transfering contacts from phone to car

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I have managed to connect the phone (Android) to the car ( Amundsen unit) via Bluetooth. It will connect, dial and I can call claerly from the car/ to the car. It will also play Spotify very clearly.
But. It won't download any contacts?
I thought I had it sorted, but when I turned off, an then started this morning, nothing, zilch. Good connection straight away for calling if I dial a number, but no contacts. I have tried via the connector cable, and bt direct, but it just won't load to the car.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Ta.
Rags.

Gortex

Post by Gortex »

I cannot help sorry. iPhone works fine for contacts transferring. SIRI works great for voice commands too text, phone calls etc.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Well. Whilst fitting the wiring today for the dash cam ( successfully, Thank you Gortex!) The main screen sprang into life, scared me half to death, and told me that an update was available for the phone, audio and other bits.....
So I told it to go ahead. Update was faultless, and took about two minutes.

Then I got a message saying I could update contacts to car if I reset my Bluetooth connection on my phone.

Did that, ( delete car on phone BT list, then re search and connect,) and Bingo!! My contacts loaded onto the car phone system and is usable. (Via the cable).

So I now have favourite contacts on the main screen.

Still can't get Android Auto to go onto the main screen though.

Rags.
Gortex

Post by Gortex »

For android auto or Apple CarPlay in my case. I had to connect with USB cable the first time before it would work wireless.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I've been niggling about the Android Auto connection, and couldn't understand why it won't work....
Well today, it got sorted!
Earlier today, our son was having a look at the car, Having a drool and just going through the numerous settings and having a play with the dash settings in the car, and set up his phone ( a very high spec Oppo findX2 pro (Yes, weird name but...) Running Android 11).
The screen on the car flashed up "updating" for about 3 seconds, the screen then went to ' select Android Auto or Mirror Link'. But he touched Mirror Link by accident, then immediately touched A Auto........ then, his Android Auto came on perfectly on the main car screen! (With the phone connected by cable)
We had a play about with it, and then decided to try mine ( the OnePlus 6) again.
As soon as I plugged in...Bingo!!
A A worked a treat! 🤔. We have left it, and then tried again, and everything is working perfectly with my phone now?

We "think" that his phone has somehow reset they system so it will now connect to others that previously wouldn't.

So. If you are struggling.. try..
Plug in a top range phone, go to connection options, when main screen shows AA or Mirror link, Touch Mirror link, and immediately then select Android Auto. Let it set up. Disconnect..
Then plug in the other phone, and see if it connects.

Don't know why, but it works for me!

Rags.
Franko

Post by Franko »

Where did you route cables for Dash Cam.

Thanks
old man

Post by old man »

Franko wrote: ↑Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:56 pm Where did you route cables for Dash Cam.

Thanks
I bought an OBD cable similar to this
I ran the cable behind the A pillar trim and the roof head lining. Quite an easy job to do.
If you get one of these, make sure it has the correct connection plug for your dash cam.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post