Dash cam fitting.

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Brilliant post ragtag. Let’s hope others will benefit & maybe get more contributions to this forum

Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Lofty wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:26 am Brilliant post ragtag. Let’s hope others will benefit & maybe get more contributions to this forum
Thanks.
I've found with other forums I used to infest that when it's a new vehicle, not many people want info as they are happy with what they have.
It's only when small niggles or faults develop that they search for the brand looking for advice, and find the forum.

It may be advantageous to mention here on the Farcebook forum 'Skoda Kamiq owners UK ' and some may come and have a look.

Worked on a motorcycle forum I was on. Couple of mentions " in conversation" and we got loads of new users sign up.

Rags.
Last edited by Ragtag on Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

👍
Coolykid

Post by Coolykid »

Thanks Gortex and Ragtag, for the information provided - very helpful.

Quick question, before I start on my Kamiq what size is Fuse 43, ie. low-profile mini fuse or micro2 fuse or...? Just so I can buy the necessary fuses and fuse taps, before I open up the fuse box and start connecting everything.

Cheers
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Coolykid wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:42 am Thanks Gortex and Ragtag, for the information provided - very helpful.

Quick question, before I start on my Kamiq what size is Fuse 43, ie. low-profile mini fuse or micro2 fuse or...? Just so I can buy the necessary fuses and fuse taps, before I open up the fuse box and start connecting everything.

Cheers
I seem to remember it's a standard blade fuse. . Auto Blade Fuse Size: 19.1mm x 5mm x 19mm.. But I'll check and get back.
When I purchased my hard wire kit, it had both fuse connector ends and a stub nose connector for soldering as well.

Rags.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Checked, and I think it's called the ACS /mini fuse fitting. It's NOT the big spaded one.
Rags.
Gortex

Post by Gortex »

Yeah it’s the smaller fuse like Rags says. But hardwire kits usual come with both size of fuses.
Coolykid

Post by Coolykid »

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, the hardwire kit (Viofo Dash Cam Hardwire Kit HK3 For Parking Mode) doesn't come with fuses or fuse taps, which I will need to buy separately - hence my question on which size fuses.

Viofo_Dash_Cam_Hardwire_Kit_For_Parking_Mode_1000x.jpg

and there are just so many fuse sizes these days.

1920px-Electrical_fuses,_blade_type.svg.png

Gortex

Post by Gortex »

Mini fuse looks to be the one.
Coolykid

Post by Coolykid »

Gortex wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:49 pm Mini fuse looks to be the one.
Many thanks, then that's the one I will buy!